23 March 2010

Episode 1 - Satu Mare

After about two years since I exhibited my artworks for the last time, next month [April] I am going to return to my hometown for a new expo.

 

After the group expos of 2005, 2006 and 2007, this will be my fourth time to use an exhibition space provided by the Satu Mare Museum of Art, so I have to admit that I am returning there with nice memories from my previous experiences. Since I don't have any future plan related to my hometown, this will be probably my last exhibition in Satu Mare, but also the most significant so far.

 

 

This time, I feel honored to have the chance to open a joint exhibition with Master Park Yang Jun [박양준] from South Korea, one of the most prestigious contemporary Korean calligraphers. Soon, I will post more info about his work.

 

 

For those who aren't familiar with Satu Mare, it is a relatively small city [about 120.000 inhabitants] located in the North-West of Romania next to the border with Hungary. It is an old city with a history of over 1000 years, being considered a hybrid space of Romanian and Hungarian population.

 

 

The Museum of Art from Satu Mare is located in a new-Gothic building constructed in the 19th century. Today it hosts temporary exhibitions, and a permanent exhibition composed by the works of the most relevant artists from Transylvania. [More info about Satu Mare here]

Satu Mare Musem of Art [photo from: http://www.satu-mare.ro/cultura/muzee.html]

Dupa aproximativ doi ani de la ultima mea participare la o expozitie, luna viitoare [aprilie] ma voi intoarce in orasul meu natal pentru un nou expo.

 

Dupa expozitiile de grup dintre 2005 si 2007, evenimentul de luna viitoare va fi a patra ocazie in care voi folosi un spatiu pus la dispozitie de Muzeul de Arta Satu Mare. Astfel, trebuie sa admit ca ma intorc cu amintiri placute dupa experientele precedente. Insa de vreme ce nu am planuri de viitor legate de Satu Mare, probabil aceasta va fi ultima mea expozitie in orasul meu natal, dar in acelasi timp cea mai importanta de pana acum.

 

 

De data aceasta, ma simt onorat sa am ocazia de a expune alaturi de Maestrul Park Yang Jun [박양준] din Coreea de Sud, unul dintre cei mai prestigiosi caligrafi contemporani coreeni. In curand voi posta mai multe informatii despre creatia sa.

No comments: